Creative Marketing and Communications Professional focused on the development and execution of marketing plans and implementing successful marketing and business campaigns to increase awareness and revenues. Educator with strong interpersonal and leadership skills, who is comfortable in a multicultural environment for instructing, mentoring, leading and/or collaborating with student creatives, and a passion for helping others achieve their goals for success in life and career.
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (INTERIM)
SANTA FE COLLEGE, DIGITAL MEDIA TECHNOLOGY • GAINESVILLE, FL
2008 – PRESENT
- Instruct and supervise students for college level courses in illustration methods, typography, indesign, photoshop, illustrator, and advanced web and interface design (UX/UI) with prototype testing.
- Professional development courses in video production and editing using final cut and after effects, and front end web design with html5/css3.
- Co-admin for department social media accounts (instagram and facebook), and source new opportunities and alternative keywords to increase marketing effectiveness.
GRAPHIC DESIGNER, WRITER & EDITOR
FREELANCE • GAINESVILLE, FL
2005 – PRESENT
- Provide expertise in writing and editing for web and print to ensure branded results that drive traffic and direct the conversation.
- Utilize technical skills to create collateral for print and digital media including web ads, animation, newsletters, brochures, textbooks, manuals, flyers, posters, catalogues and social media platforms.
- Provide professional level printing process and pre-press production experience using Adobe Creative Suite products (PC or Mac) while collaborating with external production vendors.
ALTA SYSTEMS, INC • COMMERCIAL PRINTING • GAINESVILLE, FL
2008 – 2009
- Networked and volunteered in the community to help create more awareness of company products and achievements, and acted as company spokesperson at business events.
- Generated sales of more than $100K from client list, and researched and developed relationships with prospective clients.
- Leveraged creative skills to organize and design the company vendor RFP to present to the University of Florida and won the large account.
DESIGNER, EARLY LEARNING TOOLS
ROBOTS&THINGS • GAINESVILLE, FL
2012 – 2014
- Applied expertise to design early learning tools including flashcards, memory games, activity and picture books and short stories that focused on reading, writing, comprehension, creativity and developing fine motor skills.
- Maintained WordPress website ensuring strong operational and user-friendly capability.
- Evaluated product effectiveness via surveys and market research of competitor products and market demand to provide better customer experience.
MONDAY EVE DISCUSSIONS • GAINESVILLE, FL
2013 – 2014
- Co-creator of monthly Google+ Hangout (livecast via YouTube and Twitter) that featured educators, students and parents from around the world who discuss technology and education.
- Stayed abreast of changing technology to develop reporting for the show.
- Utilized design skills to create logo, flyers and monthly animated ad for event.
A.S. IN Digital Media TECHNOLOGY for Graphic Design
SANTA FE COLLEGE, GAINESVILLE, FL
- Additional coursework in Front-end web development and Video Production.
COURSEWORK TOWARD B.s. IN ORGANIZATIONAL MANAGEMENT
SANTA FE COLLEGE, GAINESVILLE, FL
- Expected graduation summer 2018.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Achieved Third Place at Startup Weekend, 2013
- Received “Best Practices” award and invited to present at the Career Pathways National Conference for InDesign curriculum, 2011 and 2012.
- Gainesville Startup Weekend, Gainesville, FL, 2013, Graphic Designer
- Guardian ad Litem, Gainesville, FL • 2008 – 2009, Court Appointed Advocate
- Gainesville Adfed, 4th District, Gainesville, FL • 2006–2009, ADDY Show Producer and Board Secretary
Biking, Rock Climbing, Refurbish Antique furniture, DIY Projects, Animal Lover, Helping Others Achieve Their Goals, Karaoke, Archery, Vintage Clothes, Traveling, Reading, Completing My Bucket List.